This Privacy Notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of Elken, its affiliated, associated and/or related companies or may be collected in the future, from the data you previously provided to us in your application to become Elken Distributor/Member and/or during your distributorship/membership with us.
The personal data collected and processed by us may include but not limited to your name, ID, contacts, photograph(s), image(s), sharing, testimony and other data for the following purposes:-
- to process your application;
- to contact you and support your distributorship/membership or conduct internal surveys and related activities such as marketing, promotional and advertisement;
- to administer your payment, benefits and/or loan facilities;
- to conduct credit /trade checks on you where applicable (including but without limitation to carry out credit assessment, credit monitoring, review, reporting, debt recovery and so forth);
- to publish in Elken’s advertisements, promotion and communications;
- to administer your participation in our meetings, workshops, events or travel campaigns;
- to provide you with data and training relating to our products and services, business opportunities and the products and services of our business partners;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to comply with applicable laws, assist with any governmental or police investigation and/or obtain legal advice to ensure compliance with Rules & Regulations, Code of Ethics and other policies and procedures; and
- other purposes, directly or indirectly relating to any of the above and Elken’s activities (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”).
If you fail to provide us with your personal data, or if you subsequently withdraw your consent for us to process the same (other than for purposes of direct marketing), we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the Purposes.
Your personal data may be disclosed to the public, our related corporations, licensees, business partners, members, credit reporting agencies and/or our service providers for any of the Purposes or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes. Further, your personal data may be transferred to, stored and processed (“Transfer”) in a country other than the country in which it was collected. We assure you such Transfer complies with relevant and applicable data protection law/regulations.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the Purposes, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by any relevant law. When you give us personal data or information about another person, you confirm that they have:- (i) authorised you to act and receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and (ii) consented to Elken in processing their personal data.
Whilst we strive to keep your data or information accurately recorded, you are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. If you wish to request for access or correction of your personal data and/or limit the processing of your personal data, or make any enquiries in respect of your personal data, please contact:
Personal Data Protection Officer
03 – 7783 3060
Fax No. (if any)
03 – 7785 9284
In the event of any inconsistency between the English and other versions of this Privacy Notice, the English version shall prevail.